The Springer Investment Approach
Our investment strategy is simple but powerful: Our philosophy is to attempt to win by not losing; by capturing most of the market's good times, and missing most of its bad times. We believe that over a longer period of time, this method of investing will help investors avoid participating fully in down market moves and allow investors to keep emotions under control. The less the investor loses during downturns the less they have to make up when the market rebounds. The promotion of growth in our portfolios is always important, but protecting money can be equally as important. Unlike many other money managers, we take an actively managed, hands-on, “tactical” approach to managing our client’s assets, and we can go to cash during dangerous periods to reduce downside risk.
We use an institutionally based analytical process that reviews and analyzes:
- 52,000 indexes including MSCI/S&P/Russell/Citigroup. These indices include
- The coverage of domestic and international equities
- Markets, industry sectors, and US and global fixed income markets.
- Over 15,000 Mutual Funds are covered including open end mutual funds,
- ETF’s, and money market accounts.
- 250 economic indicators showing percentage changes in various indicators.
- 6,000 investment vehicles including SMAs and hedge funds.
Our investment approach is designed to tactically react to current market conditions using our proprietary Top Down Tactical™ (TDT) investment management strategy, and by utilizing technical indicators and asset allocation modeling. We do not pretend to predict future market conditions. Instead, we focus on understanding how the characteristics of the investment models perform given any market condition to help diminish down side participation.
Portfolio Allocations- Click photo to enlarge
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this web page to a friend:
For Keith Springer's Book
"Facing Goliath: How to Triumph
in the Dangerous Market Ahead"